Sunday, March 13, 2011

Our P90X Adventure

So last year my husband and I got the P90x dvd's...We started our first round of P90X in January 2010 and ended in April...My husband and I have been married for 7 years...and in those 7 years I have always weighed at least 2lbs more than him...It never mattered what I did, I never seemed to be able to weigh less than him...If I lost weight-so did he...I have always been into cardio for my work outs...I never did much with weight training...I use to go to the gyms and work out with my friends...but it seemed that all we did was talk more than work out...which is probably why we were all still fat months later...I would use a few of the weight machines, and I knew a few weight lifting moves, but I wasn't educated enough in the gym to feel confident that my weight lifting made a difference...so I just stuck with Cardio, but I really wasn't able to lose a lot of weight...with P90X Tony teaches you how to weight lift and all you have to do is push play and follow along and you will get the body you have always wanted...When I got my husband P90X in Christmas of 2009, I did not plan to do it with him...some friends of our had also recieved the P90X for Christmas as well and they decided to do it together...they asked me to do it, but I refused...after a little convincing from my husband I decided to do it with them...and wow am I glad I did...When I started my first round I was 5'7" and weighed 164 pounds...When I started P90x within the first month I noticed I was gaining weight...I actually gained 5 pounds...I was really frustrated, but decided to continue for the full 90 days...at the end of 90 days I weighed 155 lbs and went from a size 13/14 to a 9/10...I was so proud of myself and I felt like I looked better than I ever had, including high school..infact way better than high school...My husband has always been thin...You can see definition all over him, but he wanted to use P90x to get bigger...and bigger he did get...He went from weighing 162 pounds up to 172 pounds...he looked bigger, his shirts were tighter and you could see he had a lot more confidence...When we were doing P90X we didn't follow Tony's eating plan per se...I did a lot of calorie counting using sparkpeople.com and eating 6 small meals a day...my husband who was trying to gain weight did a lot of eating, but not bad things...we also finished all of our workouts with a protein smoothie that we would make from frozen berries, light vanilla yogurt, milk, OJ and protein powder....they are soooooo good!...Since last April I have kept up with my working out...not as hard core as the 90 days but I still make sure I work out most every day with some sort of cardio or weight lifting...I have been able to maintain my weight loss very easily...this plan was way better than any starving diet or pills...I have done all those before and never was able to keep the weight off after stopping...with P90X and the calorie counting you learn a new lifestyle, not a diet plan...My husband hasn't done much working out since we ended our 90 days, but he has been able to keep his weight on and he still looks great...Because we enjoyed P90X so much this last time we wanted to do another round this year...I wanted to start this blog for myself to give me some motivation and to help me along the 90 days and for my own diary of success, but also to help any others who may be looking for P90X information or motivation...I am always referring my friends to do P90X...I truly believe in this system...I hope this blog can help some others inspire to take the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment